Shivani's Kitchen Signature Butter Chicken
Surprisingly, this decadent dish can be prepared without butter.
We find it’s just as delicious without the added fat! (Serves 2-4)
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup thick plain yoghurt (please dont take watery yogurt)
- 2 tsp Sk’s Butter Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp fresh lime OR lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste1
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil/Butter
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes, canned (unsalted)
- 1 tsp Sk’s Butter Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp sugar to make it sweeter
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¾ cup light cream
- ¼ cup ground almonds OR ground cashews
- ½ cup water (add extra if needed)
- ½ tsp Sk’s Garam Masala, to garnish(optional)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped, to garnish
Use paneer, Indian pressed cheese or tofu cubes (extra-firm) as a substitute for chicken.
Method of Preparation
Marinade: In a large bowl, mix marinade ingredients together. Add chicken, coat well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Put chicken on baking sheet and bake for
10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium-high.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Make it slightly brown
- Add crushed tomatoes. Stir it nicely till the tomatoes start getting separated from the oil or butter.
- Stir in Sk’sButter Chicken Masala and blend to make a masala paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream, sugar and salt and mix into a sauce. Add cooked chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in ground nuts, add water and mix. Cook for a few more minutes. (optional)
- Garnish with a sprinkle of SK’s Garam Masala and coriander. Serve with Naan or basmatic rice.